Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

For some reason I still have confidence in PTSC. But for fun I'll tell you a story about a bad investment I once made. This has no relation to my PTSC outlook.

Once upon a time I bought a penny (maybe $5) stock because it sounded like a good small company, it was really cheap on a price per share basis, and it had been moving up. That's a detailed report resulting from  my total DD which I managed to complete in less than 5 minutes. 

Several weeks later the stock started to fall, then some more, then again for the next 2 weeks. Nieve, I decided to call the company and see if the CFO would talk to me and give me some hint as to what was going on. I was pleased when the phone was answered almost immediately - though the vioce was gruff and short on words. I asked if I could speak to the CFO. I was told he wasnt there. So I asked if I could talk to the president - "not here either".

Finally I said, OK, can you tell me what's going on with the company. The reply was again short, "sorry don't know, we're just here to take all the furniture out." 

I actually sold the next day - at market, maybe $2. A week later the news hit the streets; the company folded and the stock price went to zero. 

This is a true story. With honest humor in her voice, my wife sometimes reminds me of that great stock pick;

"Have they taken all the furniture out yet honey"?

Please login to post a reply
Cautious
City
Ventura
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/19/2006
Social Links