Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

I haven't been reading each and every post so I apologize if I'm repeating someone else's sentiments. 

• Turley and TPL have repeatedly stated the goal is "not" to litigate, but to settle.  The J-2.5 obviously knew this. 
  • The J-2.5 would not want to pay "a lot" more than the other J companies that have settled because this would make them look pretty foolish - even with a favorable Markman on our side.
  • We got a favorable Markman ruling but it was still in our best interest to settle so that we could start collecting from other companies - I really don't think either side really wanted to proceed with litigation. 

My common sense guess is that we received about 10 -20% more (from each company) than what we received from the highest previous (J) settlements.  I think the Js would see this as fair and something that TPL would jump at so that the flood gates of signers would open.  Obviously, there maybe other unknown factors that came into play that may have resulted in a greater or lesser settlement amount. 

The key to our success is obvioulsy the remaining 400 or so companies and how willing they are to buy licenses from Patriot - still an unknown.

Please login to post a reply
patientman
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/23/2006
Social Links
Private Message