Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to wolfpackvolt's message

I note that someone has reported your message as a violation (wasn't me), but I do find your criticism a bit extreme.

I did 20+ years in the areospace/defense industry, with four different companies.  Every one of those companies had a holiday shutdown - 5+ days off with pay.  An industry standard.  Our Customer, the US Gov't, was still working.  The "tradeoff" was that we didn't get some other holidays off throughout the year (that our Customer did get off).  It was just a way of allowing employees to better enjoy the holidays with family.  I'm sure the other thought with this SOP was that employees weren't all that productive during this period, being preoccupied with thoughts/duties of the holidays on the home front.  I personally found this approach very considerate, enabling holiday travel to family.

Having said all that, IF we find PTSC to be closed on President's Day and other such customary holidays, then your complaint has merit.  However, I don't KNOW of any time this was the case (even when the markets are closed).

Would you prefer all PTSC employees simply took vacation time?  Different approach - same result.  Sick leave? (my eyes hurt - I can't SEE going in today).

FWIW,

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined