Omagine

Company has signed a Development Agreement with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman. Omagine Owns 60%; Sultanate Owns 25%; Consolidated Contractors Owns 15%. Project to be developed on 245 acres of beach front land on Gulf of Oman. The estimated cost approximately $2.5 Billion. BNP Paribas To Lead Construction Financing Syndicate.
in response to Jeff72's message

I don't see any basis, even remotely, of a corresponding liability. As for how it would be booked into shareholders' equity, that's a good question. In looking at the latest quarterly balance sheet, the only omaginable (pun intended) category would be "Capital in excess of par value", but that seems to be reserved for changes in common stock. Given that this land is the consideration given to Omagine for shares in LLC, and the consolidated financials reflect that fact, this line item category may be the one that would be impacted. Otherwise, I guess it would have to create a new, "write-in" item for it.

As for retained earnings, no way this would flow through that line. There is nothing related to this asset or the acquisition of this asset, that could even remotely be considered revenue or income. Furthermore, if it were considered income, it would be subject to taxation. These rights are an asset that the govt is conveying to Omagine LLC to represent their (Oman) investment in the project.

So I guess it would either flow through "Capital in excess of par value" or a new, write-in line item. I am looking forward to seeing how this is booked. In the mean time, I only see 2 options: footnote (and therefore no impact on balance sheet and book value) or an asset with an immediate increase in consolidated book value by $20+/share.

Please login to post a reply
AltonG
City
Basking Ridge
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/17/2011
Social Links