Omagine

Company has signed a Development Agreement with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman. Omagine Owns 60%; Sultanate Owns 25%; Consolidated Contractors Owns 15%. Project to be developed on 245 acres of beach front land on Gulf of Oman. The estimated cost approximately $2.5 Billion. BNP Paribas To Lead Construction Financing Syndicate.
THIS WEEK
almost 13 years ago
Re: THIS WEEK
almost 13 years ago
almost 13 years ago
almost 13 years ago
almost 13 years ago
almost 13 years ago
in response to qwerty1029's message

I'm pretty sure that if it were a problem the sultan would not have signed on as a 25% shareholder in LLC. And I'm pretty sure the sultan also knows that he's a partner in the other project(s). And I'm pretty sure the company is well aware of all of this.

Not to sound too annoyed, but what's your angle here? The facts are all laid out and it is well known that the culture in that part of the world just takes their time. I asked in an earlier post, don't recall if it was to you or another person, why the sultan would NOT sign the DA. No one responded. Patience is a virtue and is often in short supply in this country. Maybe that's why the "99%" are whining about the "1%" and not mentioning that they are the recipient of huge Federal outlays. They are impatient for more free goodies in the interest of "fairness".

The sultan will sign in his good time. In the mean time, this undeserved bashing of management and Omagine serves no good purpose. Unless, of course, you are not a shareholder and are shorting the stock. But I have no way of knowing that nor do I care. All I'm hearing is complaining. Look back at the public documents, put the pieces together and sit tight. If you have an answer as to why the DA would not be signed, would love to hear it.

Please login to post a reply
AltonG
City
Basking Ridge
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/17/2011
Social Links