Zenyatta Ventures Ltd

in response to Fluffy the Cat's message

Fluffy is always ahead of the class, that is why he is in a class of his own.

Now, when Fluffy mentioned the connection between Ballard and VW, it reminded me that Ballard sold the rights to the fuel cell technology for the automotive industry to VW. I think this was a deal for $60M or so and was mentioned here before if memory serves me correctly. So, if Ballard cannot profit from fuel cell technology for the automotive industry, and they state in the joint NR with ZEN that:

Given the positive results from this Phase 4 testing, Zenyatta and Ballard will study the scale up of various fuel cell components made from Albany graphite and develop plans to carry out additional rigorous testing specifically related to automotive applications.

This means that the only company that stand to profit from this research is VW as they own the rights to the fuel cell technology for the automotive sector. VW has some PR work to do after the emission rigging fiasco and what better PR than to come up with a new line of fuel cell vehicles, maybe multiple lines made with Naturally Pure (tm) Albany Graphite!

AE's plan was always to have multiple parties at the table bidding for ZEN. Between Tesla and VW, seems there might already be 2 good candidates at the table.

Fluffy is one smart cat!!

Choo Choo,

G.

Please login to post a reply
glorieux
City
Welland
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating