Zenyatta Ventures Ltd

in response to retiredrookie's message

Would be nice! There might be subtle cryptic clues, not sure if this is one of them, or i am just trying really hard to link two things together...either way, fundamentally, I still like Zenyatta's chance for something great. I also think there has to be some reason to be so quiet (i.e. 4 months between NRs...feb-June)...preferrably not bad news! lol

From the June 16th NR:

"Work to optimize the process conditions and to prepare materials to meet target customer specifications has been underway for a while and will result in production of a range of BET (Brunauer-Emmett-Teller) surface areas, particle size, particle size distribution and particle morphology characteristics."

It sounds like Panasonic will be changing the chemistry of the lithium-ion battery:

"The Gigafactory will enable dramatic cost reductions on the third-generation EV for several reasons. First, the new batteries will have a different chemistry. The cell shape and size are also being optimized to improve cost and installation efficiency. As a result, the Gigafactory batteries will be lower-cost and achieve a 10 to 15 percent improvement in energy density, said Musk."

http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060003935

All of those BETs could be tweaking of the graphite to meet Panasonics requirements.

Please login to post a reply
jimmer10
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/25/2014
Social Links
Private Message