Zenith Epigenetics

An excellent article was posted on Investor Village by Fundamentals6 entitled "Current Understanding of Resistance to Abiraterone and Enzalutamide in Advanced Prostate Cancer." It provides a great overview of enzalutamide/abiraterone resistance.

Also, since a big focus of Zenith is on mCRPC, it was helpful to me (and maybe others here) to find a solid definition of mCRPC. I found the following here and here. A misconception of mine was that surgical castration was a first-line intervention to deal with certain prostate cancers. Now I know that they use chemical means to lower circulating testosterone levels down to those that would exist in a man that was surgically-castrated.

"Metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer [mCRPC] is when the cancer has spread to parts of the body other than the prostate, and it is able to grow and spread even though drugs or other treatments to lower the amount of male sex hormones are being used to manage the cancer."

"Androgen deprivation is the mainstay of therapy for advanced prostate cancer, and this treatment leads to prostate-specific antigen (PSA) responses and clinical improvements in more than 90% of patients;[1] however, this treatment is not curative and the majority of patients eventually become castrate resistant. The term 'castration-resistant prostate cancer' (CRPC) identifies a heterogeneous group of both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients with or without clinical metastases. The Prostate Cancer Working Group 2 (PCWG2) recommendations improved clinical trials during the beginning of the 21st century, clearly defining CRPC as prostate cancer progressed despite castrate levels of testosterone (<0.5 ng/ml); this progression may be biochemical, radiological or symptomatic."

Please login to post a reply
BearDownAZ
City
Madison, WI
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
05/06/2015
Social Links