Uranium

Welcome To The Uranium General Discussion Forum On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
Re: the future IMHO
over 13 years ago
the future IMHO
over 13 years ago
in response to mineonmoney's message

Hi to all: This is my first post on this board. I thought it was timely as we have all been enthrawled by the events unfolding in Japan. It is a real disaster of epic proportions. Something we have not seen in our lifetime.

However, Uranium and nuclear technology cannot be the sole blame to such a catastrophic event. Placing a nuclear reactor (or 3) on or near a very unstable techtonic plate is a major contributor to the current situation as well as the mega project mentality of the 70's using 1950's technology. There are other designs of reactors that are much more stable and smaller in size. IMO the Chinese "Silica Pebble" reactor is a much more environmentally friendly solution. Ssmaller in size and capacity but the likelyhood of a runaway could never happen with this more modern technology. We can't thow oout the baby with the bath water. Again in my humble opinion we will see atomic energy take the forefront in the future of development of energy, but in the more distant future. This will take some time (say 10-20 years). But in the meantime Natural Gas is the bridge fuel to provide the energy to sustain development and ensure the the future of our developing green economy. Time will tell but IMHO this is the way we will proceed. I am not a rocket scientist, rather a very interested observer of our plight on this planet.

Regards, Foghorn

Please login to post a reply
foghorn
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/21/2009
Social Links