Uranium

Welcome To The Uranium General Discussion Forum On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
Timing
over 13 years ago

Wow, talk about timing for the new hub!

I see this current "crisis" as along the same lines as Sellefield in England. The rest of this is aftermath of the fact that a nuclear plant, even one without active reactions, cannot go without cooling. I certainly don't know everything about nuclear reactors, and please correct me where I'm wrong, but here is why I see this as a buying opportunity:

1) Japanese authorities say that the nuclear rods were removed, and the that the reactors were shut down. In other words, there is no ongoing nuclear reaction to get out of control. There will be no huge nuclear explosion.

2) The reactors themselves were actually designed for an emergency to happen. They are heavily encased, even if they are 40 years old. Most of the risks are of radiocative substances being released into the environment. This has happened and will happen, but not on a scale that will wreak severe havoc.

3) The explosions that occurred were not nuclear in nature. They involved Hydrogen and uranium, but were not hydrogen explosions in the nuclear sense. Atoms were not ripped apart. Instead, water molecules were separated into hydrogen gas, as they often do with acids. They were more akin to hydrogen from a car battery exploding. As such, while dramatic, they actually didn't produce any radiation.

4) Actually, in the grand scheme of things, this accident will cause a lot less environmental consequences than the Gulf of Mexico oil rig disaster.

5) When the dust settles, our energy options will remain unchanged. Uranium fundamentals will remain unchanged. All that will happen is they will design new reactors even better.

I just loaded up on the 40% off uranium discount sale.

Please login to post a reply
MistyRiver
City
Whitehorse
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/28/2008
Social Links