Tyhee Gold Corp.

TYHEE GOLD CORP (PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FEATURED UPDATES)
in response to hansix's message

Hans: I understood very well and stand by what I said.

TDC has already had a fatality.

And OHS to those managers who are enlightened, is central to strategic thinking, not just to the prevention of injuries in technical terms (ie. safety procedures and the use of protective measures and safety equipment, etc.). OHS is not just fundamental to the cost benefit assessment ("Pareto") of each expenditure, but has a huge impact on the organizational culture and its ability to meet the Board's goals.

With their backgrounds in government and the other areas mentioned in my previous note I am sure that Black and Sonnenreich are aware that effective OHS systems work to make organizations more productive as well, by bringing management and workers together in common cause, developing trust and common goals, and establishing the communication networks necessary to form effective autonomous teams which are accountable for their production record.

I believe this is a very smart move on their parts and brings DW to the centre of strategic planning, rather than jostling him to the periphery. He will form a major link of communication and information between management and the mine managers and workers. He will also learn and contribute much from this very "in-the-trenches, hands-on" position. TDC is signalling their intention to establish an effective, dynamic and responsive workplace, which will make it attractive to miners who are scarce right now.

Ike

Please login to post a reply
Isaiah
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/24/2009
Social Links