Sultan Minerals

Welcome To The Sultan Minerals HUB On AGORACOM A gold, silver and base metals exploration company

Sultan has acquired the entire Silver Belt tied up with massive amounts of Tungsten, Zinc, and Lead thrown in for flavor. I also believe that Molybdenum is the real prize, but it is located below the other ore, and more difficult to access.

Sultan now owns the entire mountain (Iron Mountain) south and east of Salmo, BC.

http://www.sultanminerals.com/s/KootenayZincBeltMaps.asp

Sultan Minerals Receives Approval To Acquire Historic Silver Mine

December 8, 2009, Vancouver, BC - Sultan Minerals Inc. (SUL -TSX Venture) ("Sultan") is pleased to announce that the TSX Venture Exchange has accepted for filing documentation of Sultan's acquisition of the Aspen Silver-Lead-Zinc Property located approximately six kilometres southeast of Salmo, British Columbia, Canada (see news release of November 24, 2009). The acquisition of this historic silver mine gives Sultan title to a 14-km long section of the Kootenay Arc silver-lead-zinc belt. Sultan now holds 18,000 hectares of mineral titles and is the largest mineral tenure owner in this famous mining camp. Sultan's property is host to five former mines including British Columbia's second and third largest historic lead-zinc-silver mines and Canada's second largest tungsten mine with combined historic production of 15.3 million tonnes worth more than $2.0 billion in gross metal values at current prices (see map).

Sultan is presently exploring for extensions to the historical lead-zinc-silver mineralization on its adjacent claims and is awaiting results of a recently completed geochemical sampling program and a magnetometer geophysical survey over the Garnet and HB mines.

Giroux Consultants Ltd. of Vancouver, BC is currently completing a resource estimate for the Jersey Lead-Zinc-Silver mine situated 8 km south of the Aspen mine. This study follows up results of 19,000 metres of drilling in 94 exploration drill holes completed by Sultan in 2007--8 but will incorporate logs and assay data from 4,948 historic production drill holes. The Jersey Mine was the largest producer in the Kootenay Arc camp but closed in 1973 due to low metal prices.

Sultan has a large database of mine records for the historic mines, including geological maps, mine plans, mine sections, drill logs and assays for more than 8,000 surface and underground diamond drill holes. Mr. Ed Lawrence, P.Eng., former Manager of Sultan's adjacent Jersey and Emerald Mines, is undertaking a review of the historical HB Mine and Garnet mine records in order to locate remnant mineralization and identify exploration targets for future follow up.

Mr. Perry Grunenberg, P.Geo., of PBG Geoscience of Kamloops, B.C., is supervising the geochemical and geophysical programs and is Sultan's project supervisor and "Qualified Person" for the purpose of NI 43-101, "Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects".

For further information on the Company's projects, visit www.sultanminerals.com.

Please login to post a reply
grizfish
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/18/2007
Social Links
Private Message