StrikePoint Gold

Welcome To The Strikepoint Gold HUB On AGORACOM Focused on the Rice Lake Gold Belt

Appalaches, Strikepoint complete Dufferin ground survey

2010-07-14 08:00 MT - News Release

Also News Release (C-SKP) Strikepoint Gold Inc

Mr. Andre Proulx of Appalaches reports

RESSOURCES APPALACHES: GEOPHYSICAL SURVEY IN PREPARATION OF THE NEXT DRILLING CAMPAIGN

Appalaches Resources Inc. and Strikepoint Gold Inc. have completed a ground magnetic survey at the Dufferin mine project in Nova Scotia. The results of the survey will be available shortly, and will be used to more closely define the position of the anticline east of the mineralized zone, which has already been drilled over a distance of 650 metres, and where previous undergound mining has confirmed the presence of major quartz structures containing gold, extending along the axes of the folds.

The Dufferin mine survey covers a length of 1,250 metres. The 2010 drilling campaign will begin in July and will consist of up to 5,800 metres of drilling in around 42 holes. The objective of the drilling is to confirm the gold-bearing structure to depths of 100 to 200 metres.

In the Dufferin mine the gold is found in quartz veins deposited in the nose and limbs of an anticline formed in turbidites, which thus represent a saddle reef vein deposit. A deep drill hole in the nose of the anticline has already identified 13 stacked saddle reefs down to a depth of about 400 metres. In 2009, drilling identified values as high as 10.79 grams per tonne Au over 10.1 metres (see news in Stockwatch June 30, 2010).

Magnetometer surveys have also been conducted in certain areas of the other properties in Nova Scotia: Chocolate Lake, Miller Lake and Ecum Secum.

The Dufferin, Dufferin North, Chocolate Lake, Miller Lake and Ecum Secum properties are part of a joint venture agreement with Strikepoint Gold of Calgary which allows Strikepoint to acquire a 50-per-cent interest in all five Nova Scotia properties, including the Dufferin mine (see news in Stockwatch June 3, 2010).

The contents of this press release were prepared by Alain Hupe, Ing, a qualified person as defined in NI 43-101.

We seek Safe Harbor.

Please login to post a reply
traps7
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/30/2008
Social Links