Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout

Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to milinkov's message

Sorry Milinkov, I'm not really very good at playing the leveraged ETFs. I only buy them when the sector they represent is at an extreme. We had a strong 2 week pullback in PMs and they were very oversold, so I thought it was a good time to try JNUG. I was right, but I didn't pull the trigger (I was expecting the jobs report to push gold down to the point where a bounce off the bottom would be very strong). Since the opposite happened, JNUG gapped up and I felt it would be better to spend my cash reloading on PM juniors.

There are many reasons to avoid the leveraged ETFs - they are all structured to go down over time, but I think it would be OK to put a small amount (no more than 10% of your portfolio) into JNUG and hold it until March. Concerning an entry point, we definitely missed a good one 3 days ago. I don't know when the next good entry point will come. It could run up for a while, but if it pulls back later this week, it would be a reasonable point to get in.

I wish I could be of more help, but playing leveraged ETFs is not my best skill.

Please login to post a reply
Klaus
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/15/2009
Social Links
Private Message