Spider Resources

Welcome To The Spider Resources HUB On AGORACOM First Explorer at the "Ring of Fire" and presently drilling on the "BIG DADDY" Chromite/Pge's jv'd property...yet we were robbed

As far as I know there has not been a statement by the BoD stating they support the 125 million dollar offer. All Neil said in the NR was :

"All of Spider's shareholders are now aware of the value that our largest shareholder has placed upon the shares of Spider, as well as what Cliffs after much deliberation is offering. The price of $0.19 per share places a value on your company in excess of. $125 million. The determination of a fair price to accept per share for your company is a very difficult process involving many elements. As I have stated before, Cliffs is a great company, it was definitely an option that we needed to consider, however it wasn't the only option, we needed time to consider or entertain other offers, including the Amalgamation. Your Board of Directors and its Special Committee, along with their respective legal and financial advisors negotiated long and hard with both KWG in furtherance of the Amalgamation and with Cliffs to be able to obtain this $0.19 cash proposal from Cliffs" states Neil Novak, President and CEO of Spider.

They fought long and hard to get 19 cents, yes, but they can continue to fight long and hard to get more, and/or support an updated merge agreement.

To me that means the SRP should stay in effect.

Please login to post a reply
Kevlude
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
05/21/2010
Social Links
Private Message