San Gold Corporation

Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new gold exploration and mining companies.
VanEden
about 13 years ago

Had to look, this is from his website today, he pegs the true value of gold at $886 for 2011. I wonder if him and his clients have put their money where their mouths are? Must be the best short in the world anything north of $1,200? Yikes. Chart didn't paste but commentary is there.

The gold model shows the average annual fair value for gold in US dollars. The model is not intended to be predictive and does not incorporate future expectations. It is based solely on historical money supply (US dollars) and gold supply data. Nor does the model take into account short term volatility, like those caused by exchange rate fluctuations, for example.

It is important to realize then, that the model is not a tool to predict daily gold prices. It is a method of estimating the average annual value of gold relative to US dollars on a long-term basis which, when compared to the current market price of gold, tells us whether gold is undervalued or overvalued.
Because this model is based on average annual data it is updated once or twice per year and the chart below is always the most recent one I have. Sometimes I use estimates of data that has not yet been released and then make adjustments when the actual data becomes available.
For an in-depth look at how the model is constructed, please see the articles listed below the chart.
The chart below is based on partial 2010 data for AMS and estimates for gold data. The actual Theoretical Gold Value for 2010 may differ slightly from the chart below once all the data for the year has been collected and the model has been recalculated. I estimate that the average Theoretical Gold Value for 2011 will be aproximately $886 an ounce.
Chart updated Monday, November 08, 2010

Please login to post a reply
tidbits1
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/16/2007
Social Links