San Gold Corporation

Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new gold exploration and mining companies.
in response to arbee's message

i recall a great number of yrs ago before leaving for vacation my broker advised me to enter a stop loss on a stock which was taken out. Arriving home and checking the share i would have been up 40 %.. I now ( 1992 ) use a on - line Trading bank and have both kids , spouse and my - self set up as joint on all accounts ( tfsa , margin ,) Their are tax advantages as incomes vary. Ones TFSA is where a active trader can gamble the dice as this account is yours to play in. In - reguards to moving shares from one account to another your on-line banker can move the shares at your request with no brokerage fees since your joint. My accounts joint show a balance which total enough to allow the bank discounts to also apply to the kids. Going back to wash trading, that makes me laugh , if my son wants to sell a share at the same time i buy or the other son wants to buy and the wife wants to sell then so be it. This is normal trading that breaks no rules as long as all transaction are accounted for in that particular account. Back to the TFSA, lets say your showing a good return and need some cash , so sell out the TFSA and next yr you can replace the full amount plus the extra $ 5, 000. This helps to down size your margin account ( less capital gain ) and realise the gain in your tfsa. Yes, you first have to make a gain and also like Andy said realise any gain at the tie of transfer. PS " the more TFSA you are joint on the more tax free you can make......Signing a death benifit document form on the joint TFSA means the TFSA does not go to the estate, but stays with the joint holder. happy trading. Traps7

Please login to post a reply
traps7
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/30/2008
Social Links
Private Message