San Gold Corporation

Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new gold exploration and mining companies.
in response to Silverback's message

Yeah, what a deliberately misleading moron with an ulterior motive.

Why do you think Kinross got ARU for $80/oz (if I recall correctly) in the ground? Because it was only a resource in Equador. If ARU had been in Manitoba with a $350-400 million infrastructure like SGR it likely would have commanded a similar evaluation.

I assume by that last sentence you meant If ARU had been in Manitoba with a $350-400 million infrastructure like SGR it likely would have commanded a similar evaluation [per oz to SGR's]. And it most likely would have. The ARU resource in Manitoba, with infrastructure in place would quite literally have been, if you pardon the pun, "a gold mine".

But let's be clear here. ARU's market cap didn't get halved because it was in Ecuador. It was halved because the Ecuadorian goverment threatened radically different mining laws and royalty structures than those that were in place at the time. Uncertainty was huge. And ARU shareholders got fleeced.

Please login to post a reply
Deliverator
City
Vancouver
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/24/2007
Social Links