San Gold Corporation

Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new gold exploration and mining companies.

I don't know if this was a misprint, however the second photo of drill core on the NR is not shown on the table.(28-10-52) Lots of VG in the photo so I would assume another release very soon from the SAM. The release also stated that they are mining multiple stopes of the 98 vein which IMO will keep the D winze running 24/7 and should give a big boost to production in March and into Q2. I am going to do a rough calculation on the 98 vein for tonnage. From the 28 level 98 vein is developed to a length of 500 feet. We saw from previous releases the width is app. 40 feet. There is a known downdip of 2000 feet with a known upward extention above 26 level that would add another 200 feet minimum. That is 2200x500x40 = 4,400,000 cu feet. I am going to guess that a cubic foot of solid rock(quartz) is about 100 pounds, so 4,400,000 x100 divided by 2200=200,000 tons of ore in this one vein that is still open upwards from the 26 level(4200 feet below surface) That is a lot of potential upwards. They also talked about consolidating the mine if they can prove that all of the new zones extend to depth. I suppose that means another shaft which would add a tremendous amount of efficiency and cost (diesel) savings to the operation. It was suggested to me that mining upwards is easier than digging down wards.

Please login to post a reply
rookieprospector
City
vancouver
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
05/19/2009
Social Links