San Gold Corporation

Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new gold exploration and mining companies.

Rogers said comments contained in a press release Thursday announcing an appearance by him at a trading seminar in London were false.

"I did not know about this press release. I didn't say those things," Rogers told MarketWatch.com in a phone interview from Singapore Friday.

Among other things the quotes in the release compared the pound to the hyper inflated Zimbabwean dollar and said the U.K. government could do nothing to prevent a steep fall in sterling. The release has since disappeared from the Press Dispensary web site linked to by several media organizations which reported the provocative claims.

"I am on record as saying the U.K. has serious problems over the next few years and the pound sterling has serious problems over the next few years as well," Rogers said in the interview. "I would say the same about a lot of currencies. All paper money is suspect these days."

Please login to post a reply
alanwi111
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/28/2009
Social Links
Private Message