San Gold Corporation

Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new gold exploration and mining companies.
in response to Alibaba1's message

1)-So Lunchmeat could you share some of that information with us?. According to Chraga, Ned and his boys own 37% of the float, if so I would think this is not a controlling interest like a majority interest like +50%. Is that right?

Non aggregate holdings under Goodman's North American umbrella include:

Goodman & Co 25,525,667

Dynamic PM 23,370,667

CMP 2008 5,603,700

Dynamic Focus 1,500,000

Canada Dom Res 07 1,149,426

Canada Dom Res 06 1,080,000

Total 58,229,460 shares of 268,265,093 = 21.7%

This doesn't include his oversea's operations like this fund which SGR's weighting is 9.5% of the fund

http://funds.dfinvestments.eu/servlet/Page/document/support/dynamic/dynamic_funds/fund/?template=euro&id=68899&wrap=euro&lang=EN&universe=DYNEUROPE_FUNDS

or his personal holdings either.

In the words of the world's greatest investor, the greatest bargains come in investing in the first 20% of a public company, anymore and you trigger an auction and attract a white knight which the company will open its books to. Whether or not SGR already has found their white knight in Goodman is anyone's guess, but from any major's view or would be suitor, Ned Goodman is in a position of strength and as far as insider trades go, his still register with TMX, so he's over the fence.

Also, in the unlikely event that somehow another beneficial owner gets 10%, they would have disclose to the market their intentions. At which point, Ned calls Dale and says start adding up all the ounces, get a complete 43101 ready and I'll call all the analysts in my umbrella to put a strong buy on the company with a 10$ sp.

I would say that is a controlling interest.

2)- Do you also subscribe to the theory that San is being intentionally being kept off the TSX and if so why?

No. They don't have an up to date resource estimate, which is a requirement. Why, I don't know but from my observation, guidance changed over the course of the last 3 quarters and each successive MD&A trumps the previous one and there was no mention of the pending soon release of the Hinge 43-101 in the 3rd quarter.

Where the "soon" adage was usually used was replaced by this:

"The Company’s growth strategy is two-fold: (i) to establish a profitable mine production level and (ii), to continue exploration activities towards increasing the level of reserves and resources. This strategy includes seeking joint venture and other relationships with companies or individuals that can be accretive to reserves and resources and by extension, accretive to shareholder value."

One of Goldcorp's biggest moves came after they reported an amazing quarter of production that blew away market expectations. I believe this is the route SGR is hoping to take.

Please login to post a reply
Lunch Meat
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/21/2009
Social Links
Private Message