Questerre Energy Corporation

Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM (Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)
in response to expeter's message

I'm glad you report this about the situation in Sweden , it shows the case for NG remains to be done elsewhere as it is here . It all makes sense people everywhere have been more sensitive about the environment since 1998 . Furthemore what's happening in Japan will force the world to rethink about nuclear energy .

We had a debate on nuclear about a year and a half ago on the 300 club hub , it got nasty at times , i've opposed nuclear energy whenever i discussed it over the last 30 years , my opinion has'nt changed for reasons like what's happening in Japan .

I believe Japan and surrounding countries such as China will have to rethink their future enrgy development in the wake of receny events . China has the most ambitious nuclear enrgy plan development over the next 25 years . I think in the US plan for nuclear will also have to be rethink and they also have ambitious plans for the future .

All this consider ng should be among the winners , although safety issues will be even more focused on concerning energy planning with what we learn is happening with the nuclear reactors in Japan , and as a citizen of this world i fully agree we have to act responsably , unforetold events such as quake can happen and planning must take such events in consideration even if probabilities are very low .

The nuclear energy industry has always lacked tranparency all over the world , and lyed deliberately in many instances , we don't want that happening with the shales here or anywhere else , for tragedies would affect the industry worldwide as communication nowadays involves nearly every citizen on the planet .

What happened in Pensylvania is feeding the shale opposition here and elsewhere , so we need responsible development here and elsewhere if shale is to develop it's full potential , especialy as democracy develops further around the world and communication becomes key to it's growth .

I believe your comments demonstrate the industry is becoming increasly aware of the situation and understand the stakes at hand .

Sad to say this nuclear fall out will be good for shale gas in the future .

Tec

Please login to post a reply
tectol
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/24/2008
Social Links