Questerre Energy Corporation

Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM (Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)
in response to p_pulp's message

Yes, they can go ahead with their pilot wells...all 13, this including of course from other companies. Now, what other permits does TLM and QEC have that we don't know about. I don't know if you remember, but I posted that last summer, TLM applied for multipad wells by St. Ed...so that's something to consider.

The bottom line is that Quebec wants to study the effects of horizontal fracing and air quality, leaks etc. I think we can all agree on that.

As I posted before:

The current regulatory framework is "compartmentalized" between the two, preventing integrated surveillance and control from taking place, it says. The environment ministry should authorize shale-gas exploration and production in order to examine environmental issues associated with those activities, the report says.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/MAIN+THRUST+BAPE+REPORT+MORE+THOROUGH+STUDIES+NEEDED/4410326/story.html#ixzz1G8n2YWed

I mean it says it right there, that in the report they say they should encourage exploration and production for study.

I think people are over thinking a lot. Let's give it time and let things move along. Right now Mr Arcand said they are drafting hydrocarbon legislation as quickly as possible and also a royalty regime. Both are important steps. I think that's the key, take it a step at a time and move forward.

Rocco

Please login to post a reply
Rocco90
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/09/2007
Social Links