Questerre Energy Corporation

Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM (Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)
in response to Rocco90's message

Yes, Rocco. I think qec, TLM, the drillers can drill without contaminate the ground water. This too, came today: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/environnement/dossiers/gaz-de-schiste/201010/27/01-4336502-une-exploitation-propre-est-elle-possible.php

Explaining, that it can be done without contaminating the ground water. It's a New York survey and regulation. I'll paste some of it:

With an appropriate regulatory framework, it is possible to exploit shale gas with minimum environmental impact, according to John P. Martin, an expert working for a government agency of the State of New York.

Mr. Martin was the guest of the Oil and Gas Association of Quebec, whose annual conference ended yesterday.

First step, the most important according to Martin, the regulation of the choice and preparation of drilling sites. "If we do not do the right thing, you end up with problems such as Pennsylvania, where incredibly misguided decisions were taken" by the industry, "said Martin.

Then you have to regulate the drilling and fracturing, including the method of formwork, which was not the case in Pennsylvania, "he said.

The organization for which he works, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, advising the state in its review of gas regulation. This revision, begun in 2008, could be completed in spring 2011 by the adoption of a new chapter of 1200 pages devoted exclusively to the impact and management of massive hydraulic fracturing, the technique used to exploit the deposits Shale gas extraction.

This paper promises to become a reference in the field, with its dozens of technical papers in the appendix and its hundreds of scientific references.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Even Guy Laliberté (The founder of Cirque du Soleil and chairman of the One Drop Foundation) is more calm than manny others. He is cautious and they will follow what happens, but to me he sounds realistic.

-------------------------------------

Dont you think qec can go ahead with the pipeline with Gazmetro. I mean, the landowners have aproved and gets money, St. Edouard will be tied in for production and TLM got go ahead for 6 more wells at Fortierville? I'm optimistic and thinks more wells will come from that location and be producing:)

And yes, let's get a regulation/framework. QEC wants it too.

Please login to post a reply
expeter
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/01/2008
Social Links
Private Message