Questerre Energy Corporation

Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM (Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)
in response to RioDeJaneiro62's message

"More then 100 kms can tell you that as that is only from Sierra road in Fort Nelson,BC. Is 2.5 hours south of ft st john....Grand Prairie and from FSJ north is 4.5 hours."

============

you're right on the distabce - my error - I dropped a 0...my odometer tells me that one way Fort Nelson to Grande Prairie is 1085km - add to that the distance into the patch by an indirect route...

============

Thanks for input but infrastructure is being taking care of as Encana has initiated to a degree.....no help from U.S. or Canadian gov't...looks like private plays to lead way.

============

Enacna does own a key stretch of the road into the patch [others pay for use - Encana maintains] and they did take the lead in investing in the project initially, along with eog, devon, and others. Current investment is coming from the privates, but the province is incenting development with deferrals, so, indirectly there is public money in the play.

The big development that's been talked about is the construction of a more direct route into the Horne River - one that would cut travel time down to a reasonable daily commute. At present the province isn't showing any interest in putting any direct money in since they've just dropped a big chunk on upgrading the SYD road - it may be left to the Horne River Producers Group consortium to take it on [with deferrals attached] and the price tag of $200 million is being kicked around.

Nevertheless, the whole thing has a future - it's just the rate of development that is an unknown. Once Encana's Cabin Lake processing plant comes online, it will drive a degree of production...and then there sits the QEC lease, right in the thick of things.

Please login to post a reply
pokecheck
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/16/2007
Social Links
Private Message