Prodigy Gold

TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Both 2004 and 2009 Magino resource reports are now posted on the PDG website so I went through the numbers to see what exactly led Brian to make this deal. The 2009 report had a M,I&I of 1.6 million oz with a grade cut-off of 3 g/t while the 2004 report had a M,I&I of about 632,000 oz with a grade cut-off of 1.37 g/t for an open pit design. Both of those grade cut-offs appear to be high compared to other similar projects, particularly the 3 g/t. Also included in the 2004 report is table 17.8 on page 39 that has a large range of grade cut-offs, which range from over 5 g/t to below 1 g/t. You have to do some converting and interpolating, but it's possible to compare the change in resource from 2004 to 2009 using the same grade cut-off of 3 g/t. I get a change from about 300k to 1.6 million oz or about a 5 fold increase, although most of that increase is in the inferred category. This increase should be due only to the drilling that occurred during the 5 years between reports. Now what if a lower grade cut-off of 1 g/t was used in the 2004 report? That's a more likely cut-off that we should see in the upcoming resource estimate.Then the difference in the number of oz between the 1 and 3 g/t cut-offs in the 2004 report should be the minimum number of oz that will be added to the revised report later this month. I calculate about 500k oz which would give a revised estimate of about 2.1 million oz. That's the number that Brian has been quoted on and implied in the website presentation. I invite anyone who's interested to check this number as there's no point in carrying on this analysis if it's wrong. These are numbers based on NI 43-101 standard reports. Then we get into speculation as to how much more will be added from the drilling between 2004 and 2009, the selection of a lower grade cut-off and the additional assay data from the 2800 m of recently cut core. I think this is the type of due diligence that led Brian to make this deal.

Please login to post a reply
explorationguy
City
calgary
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/22/2009
Social Links