POET Technologies Inc.

Conspiracies and secret societies. Is this what we are left to debate? I think there are simple explanations for much of this.

1) Blevins may have been here simply to look under the hood. If Apple has a shred of interest in owning what POET is, it has around $200 billion in offshore cash and could purchase a tiny developmental (until POET product is on the street that is what we remain) company for less than one month's  interest on their cash, whether we wanted them to, or not. Imagine how this technology could develop with their resources. 

2) It's  easy to hold the share price down; when there is no news there is no interest in buying with any conviction. 

3) The company has laid out a roadmap that basically states DL products will lead the way in 2017 and POET products will emerge in 2018. It suggests to me that announcement of component development (VCSEL transceiver specifically) will not be made until it is available in a commercial product. 

The Wright brothers did not invent the first engine or the first glider, but they managed to integrate them to create flight. And once they took off, a whole new world emerged. If it gets done according to expectations, POET's emergence will not be as audacious or historic, but in time may prove to be nearly as significant. 

There is a tremendous market, a tremendous demand. We still must find out if this technology will rise to these, and more importantly from my selfish perspective, whether it will pay off. I think most of us are not here for the history, we are here for the money. And we are still waiting.

Please login to post a reply
lumenge
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/30/2014
Social Links
Private Message