POET Technologies Inc.

in response to ark99isback's message

From Feb CC

More on milestones and deliverables

18:03 – Let me take a few minutes here to review the scorecard of milestones and deliverables we announced in September 2015. In Q4 of 2015 we had planned on establishing a source of commercial epitaxial wafers. This was no trivial task. This meant a jump from a single one inch (1”) wafer area at a time, to seven six inch (6”) wafers at a time, to grow a highly complicated multi-layer epitaxial structure. This required overcoming significant technical challenges, such as temperature, thickness control, doping concentrations and stress. But we got it done – on time and with highly uniform and consistent optical characteristics.

From THM

00:36:03 – Of course, we’re not talking about a single device on a small piece of gallium arsenide chip that the lab was producing. We’re now doing this on 6″ wafers where it takes five hours to actually test one of these wafers, because we’ve got thousands and thousands of them on a wafer that we’re testing. When I talk about something functional now, we’re not talking about a single device tested in the lab, when we say something is functional and have a press release on it, it’s actually been tested in some significant statistical numbers and volumes and across multiple wafers. It is really important to keep that in context.

I am sure there is other information from public conference calls or published disclosure which discusses turnaround.

But here are facts as I know them:

At EpiWorks they can grow 7 wafers at a time and multiple runs in a day.

At Waveteck they can process several wafer runs per month.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message