POET Technologies Inc.

New team heading DL, excellent moves, also sounds like they are really gearing up for serious production. As several have pointed out, these are serious industry types, not here to sell magazine subscriptions or a few million dollars worth of product. 

What will that 200mm equipment be used for? FJ, oz, any others have a handle on this?  I believe it is extremely relevant. This seems to be our best piece of evidence to date for what will be over the next 12 months.

Lots of concern here about all of the focus on DenseLight. But don't forget what Shash said "DenseLight is POET".   So Silicon Valley is the HQ and Singapore is the operational arm and I suspect that ALL future proprietary POET product manufacturing expansion runs through DL division, under the new guy. Because of this, the failure to specifically mention POET products does not concern me, not yet anyway.

Once again though, I would have liked to see a statement reflecting the expanded resources being required for a major ramp in production of something. You don't say we are streamlining and then announce 4 significant, expansive appointments without explaining more about why they are needed now. An opportunity to court the investment community and garner further interest is blown. 

Subhash resigns.  My initial gut reaction was not good. He was clearly the guy in charge of moving the integrated transceiver through to commercialization. If it was successful, why would he resign? Would he not be promoted and leading a full scale ramp up of AOCs with lots of fanfare?  I agree with RTV that he may have turned down the Singapore role. But then again, would he walk away from a job unfinished? It was pointed out to me that he is in his mid 50s. Let's see what happens. 18 hours post announcement, I am less convinced it was due to failure.

The integrated transceiver may be actualized and validated but is not yet in full scale production (at DL), thus no announcement, and no further need for him to be in Singapore. If it is done, then POET may be moving it forward exclusively or else significant NRE would be forthcoming, with streamlining less of a concern. 

Might Subhash have to resign his position with POET in order to prep for another role with a company who will license and/or manufacture POET products, and consult with SV on progress ? And if cost is the main reason, why does he go and not Ajit?  What larger role might Manocha be playing to justify his continued overhead? As you can see, I remain conflicted. 

TRAB doesn't sway me in either direction, I thought it became a distraction after 12 months with nothing new. I think whoever leaked it indirectly in that NR did more harm than good.

This NR comes down to what we know now with certainty, DL is ramping up in a very big way. How fast and how big is one question, and what product(s) warrant such expansion? Does it include some POET developed products? While that remains unknown, I am 75% certain it does, unless some remarkable demand (1000%+) for DL products alone is about to unfold.

One last comment regarding all of the GF people on board; with the exception of SV they all initially left GF for reasons other than POET, so that may not be the play here. 

Please login to post a reply
lumenge
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/30/2014
Social Links
Private Message