POET Technologies Inc.

Just read a post from oz where he posted this link from Laser Focus World with the title, "Four laser companies to exceed $1 billion in revenue in 2016." One of the companies, Coherent Inc (NASQ: COHR), makes up a decent portion of that mentioned revenue with $857M in 2016 ($520M in 2015). Coherent it should be noted will also be headed to the EPIC/LUX Consortium in Singapore as one of five "multinational companies with HQ not residing in Singapore" (thank you Disco for that, and .docx warning on that one). One of the other companies making up another 1/5 is of course Denselight Semiconductors. Which brings me to my title, how small is the photonics/semiconductor world? 

In terms of geography it is a very small world for photonics/semiconductors, as seen in this map showing Denselight being literally across the road from Applied Materials. 

I feel like we are so close! We just need a push to get us over the edge (at this point I am guessing this will have to be through demonstrated excellence and superiority to the competition).

Please login to post a reply
chappychap
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
05/28/2015
Social Links
Private Message