POET Technologies Inc.

in response to sulasailor's message

Come on Sula,, lets get real here,,I don`t think the military talk is appropriate here.. most people on this side of the Atlantic know our history very well..   During WW2 the Yanks came over ,, the Canadians came over  along with the Canadian Merchant Marine that kept trying to dodge the German U boats to keep the ships bringing supplies to the UK..A lot didn`t dodge  as many merchant marine died... My dad was in the airforce ,, my father in-law was in the ferry command and was as a navigator but was transferred over to the  RAF because he was a top of the class navigator and was chosen to lead this raid... ( the guys all called him the old man as he was 32 at the time)  From my father in law`s log book..... July-3-45... hour 0702.. Dakota DC 600 ..Pilot w/c JR Saprolle .. Duty ..Navigator.. Operation "Vasiity"  Flying time 4:10,,, Do you know of this raid ,Sula !! Apparently this raid was a disaster..Oh,,my father-law`s friend ,,Freddy Mills  came over with Hamish from the UK after the market crash in `29.. Freddy died in 1944 in France as they were shot down in a Halifax.. Nov 11 is Rememberance day here so it all fresh in our minds so we got a bit of a history here as well..  I believe the boys were told ,"To save king and and Countrry " although Canada just went through the "Great Depression",, so the army was a job at the time,,3 square meals a day and  a bed to sleep in.. It might not be a good idea to school us on the military.. Cheers!

Please login to post a reply
Junkers87
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/26/2013
Social Links
Private Message