POET Technologies Inc.

in response to fairchijisback's message

Lets just say I am guarded yet optomistic.  The Capital expenditures that I forsee coming could be a couple million in just equipment and install.  The Burn rate is roughly 1 Mill a month I believe? (would love to know better figures) The Grant from Singapore is over 5 years and must be used for certain tasks, also I believe we have to match a portion of that investment with our own funds or at least supliment it until the Grant is paid.  I also expect them to need to staff up to get into production, which accelerates the burn rate.  The more irons in the fire means more hands are neaded to tend the Irons.  Mathmatically I think they have enough cash for 12-16 months, which is backed up by the recent NR.  So anymore delays in the monetization path means they come back for more money next year around this time.  Which may not be bad if the SP is higher.  I am not sure how many folks are sitting on the sidelines waiting on the Prototype, I think more are on the sidelines waiting on sales.  Which by the companies recent NR will be in 2018 for the AOC.  So having said all that, I think we can and will move up in 2017, but the bigger jump happens in 2018 when sales and revenue are solid and predictable, the production facility is running, they have had time to optomize all the many products they are working on, ect.....Doesn't mean I am not encouraged, just means I see a tight window and I have not been impressed with managemnets ability to hit their dates.  So tight windows bother me.  If they get a fully optomized VCsel prototype than can be mass produced then yes I will be through the roof, because I know what that means.  But lots of investors will still want to see if anyone wants to buy it, especially larger funds who don't mind paying a bit more for less risk.  I don't feel like I am explaining it very well, but I am trying.

BCD

Please login to post a reply
bluecollardollar
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/17/2012
Social Links