POET Technologies Inc.

A guy is sent to prison, on arriving he is placed in a cell with another guy. Pretty soon, the new inmate sees a guy in the cell across the aisle hold out two fingers, and a bunch of the guys in nearby cells laugh. After a while, another guy in another cell, holds out 8 fingers, and more laughter, even louder.

So the new guys asks his cell mate what's going on. The cell mate explains, "well, most of us have been here quite a long time, and our jokes tend to get pretty repetitive, so, instead of going through the whole joke, we've assigned different numbers to different jokes. So, if a guy wants to tell a joke, instead of going through the whole thing, he just holds out the number, people are reminded of the joke and laugh."

The new guy is pretty impressed with this system and wants to try it out immediately, so his cell mate tells him that number three is a particularly good joke, so the new inmate immediately thrusts out three fingers... but his gesture is met with silence. Puzzled, he asks his cell mate what gives, his cell mate replies, "some guys can't tell a joke."

I think most have figured where I'm going with this, and there are times it would save everyone a lot of time. I know most of my posts tend to fit into just a few categories, silly ones like this and, well, one or tow other kinds. Just sayin', think of the time and typing that would be saved!

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links