POET Technologies Inc.

in response to mackwheaton's message

It is hard to think in those terms Mack with the share price being where it is but there is lots of linkage to Global Foundries including Vikas Gupta (VP Design at POET) and the people who gave him a thumbs up for the posting POET news...the CFO and others from GF.

It is interesting to think about how they could be keeping their distance because they have to. Recall Ajit bought AMD's interest in GF because of the conflict with other customers that would have a problem doing business with GF while AMD was still part owner. Interesting the Mubadala Development Company who own GF now hold warrants in AMD as part of a new contract between GF and AMD.

I think it gets complicated for GF to take a position in POET. That would open the door to others that would want in? I know it has been talked about in the past that it would be great to have these companies take a stake but maybe it is not the right time. I think it is important that we have someone like Ajit on board who can do the proper stick handling to avoid a cheap buy out. And really how do we go from making a big statement that POET eventually achieves full integration and instantly becoming a target by those who could use pocket change to take over the company while shareholders are struggling making POET an easy target.

Maybe this is part of the reason they did not tap any of Ajits contacts on the shoulder.

From their vantage point with the belief that POET is disruptive in an industry that is growing and very competitive one would think they are doing what they need to maintain control and ownership.

Yes I think there is a very high potential that GF is a silent partner.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message