POET Technologies Inc.

I don’t mean personal greed but greed in the sense that all through the history of this company everyone has believed that POET is a game changer. And they have always projected that belief to shareholders. Everyone who has been familiar with what POET is has believed that it is a game changer. And when the results of the detector came out these guys were blown away with how good it is. Proof. So why didn’t they sell it? They decided that they wanted to develop it as a product. They talked about advanced discussions for NRE but I think this management team decided that they would not accept anything that did not measure up to what they believe it is worth. I could be completely wrong about this but you see where I am going. It is a mind- set. We got bent over big time in this financing I think because of that mind set. No one wants to just see the vision not the sharks anyway. I don’t think they care about what the technology is they just want to make money. It’s like when Suresh talks about data center customers. They don’t want to know how it works they just want to know how it will save them money. And that is what POET has to prove. And they know this. I think they believed that they could prove this before they got to this point in time where I think they developed a plan for the DenseLight ramp up and there was no real turning back.

The bottom line for me in all of this is that these guys are such hard workers and have an extreme belief in this company and are focused to dominate in all applications that are engulfed in photonic integration. They want the whole pie but maybe they need to give up some if it at the discount required for its stage of development so that the disaster we just witnessed this week could have been avoided.

It is a sad day for all of us right now but better days are ahead of us. I don’t think I will have to put lumps of coal in the stockings this Christmas. I really hope this has been worth it but I think this really could been avoided. Maybe they are too confident with the silver bullet they believe is in the chamber. Better to give a little. We are in need of greater street smarts in that office and that is for sure. Hopefully this is all going to change with the new CFO. Apparently Robert Ferri really likes him.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message