POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Orange Cat's message

We are going to have to wait until POET provides some information on this which clearly they are not right now.

This question has been asked by many people and to my knowledge no one has received an answer.

We don't even know whether the export permit is associated with work being done at Wavetek.

My personal opinion is that they have been working with new wafers sourced locally that do not require any export license. The epi stack can be transferred very quickly and to a new wafer supplier so that should not contribute to a significant delay other than the time required for sourcing the supplier.

They may have already made moves to switch to the DL supplier early on...they are not telling us. Should this have been anticipated? Was it avoidable?

I was contemplating just where we would have been today if POET had not run into difficulties with Anadigics that forced the early move to Asia. The epi supply was sourced based on business in the US. Once that move was made to go to the east should they not have anticipated the requirements for a new epi supply? And maybe they did but had to accelerate that move as well.

On this forum we have debated the need for multiple wafer suppliers in the past. Those were good discussions. My thoughts are that if we on this forum saw this need then so would have POET.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message