POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Lethargic-'s message

Lethargic-: … but the stock price is part of those fundamentals.

No, it isnt.

The share price is a derivative of fundamentals, expectations, emotions, day trading etc. The current drop is caused by lack of communication, thus lack of information on any recent progress and thus uncertainty regarding the fundamentals.

Consequently the share price is currently less dependent on fundamentals and more dependent on emotions etc. However, we should we aware that the share price does not only depend on emotions, but at the same time emotions depend on the share price. That is, the share price is a reflexive quantity, i. e. it also depends on itself: A lower share price causes anxiety, anxiety causes people to sell their shares which causes a lower share price, more anxiety, etc. I believe this down spiral can only be broken by an injection of some fresh information on the fundamentals, so the share price could adjust to reality again.

Anyway, while I don't like the share price as much as everyone, for me it is no criterion for selling. My criterion for selling or buying is the anticipated commercial success of the company in relation to the share price. Assuming that the fundamentals haven't changed to the worse, the recent drop has only improved this relation and has made the POET stock more attractive to the long-term investor. My only regret is that I bought too early again.

Please login to post a reply
Rainer
City
Dortmund
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/13/2014
Social Links