POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Optimus Rhyme's message

Optimus that is what I am thinking.

They don't need the money right away and $50 million in US dollars is well beyond the money they would need for anything in terms of immediate needs other than an acquisition.

And how would they even find a buyer if it was just going to be used for a public offering? It does not make sense to me in those terms.

They don't expect to go to the NASDAQ until the share price meets the requirements so one would not expect that this is a play to make US bankers happy.

I think that there is a very good chance that it has been put in place to quickly facilitate an equity offering by a partner or partners.

Many of us are anticipating NRE for the detector based on the statements made by POET during the conference calls and as we know the detector is exceptional. The transfer of money could in fact take many forms and an equity stake would provide greater market visibility plus some very significant added benefits both to POET and the partner. POET needs to be very strategic at this stage probably more so than in any point in their history. The acquisitions they have made tell us I think that people in the industry see great value in POET…why else would they sell their companies at a relatively low cost in POET shares.

If POET was able to attract industry partners with each holding an equity stake the potential for a cheap buy out diminishes. I do believe it is something they think about.

It is the kind of discussion we have had in the past on this forum but it seems to be the right time to resurrect it.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message