POET Technologies Inc.

in response to turr's message

Sept 30 2015 - “We start tomorrow’s new quarter with a significantly strengthened balance sheet – with $20.5 million in cash, with only small operational liabilities” said Executive Co-Chairman Peter Copetti in an operations update for investors. “We expect these funds to provide about eight quarters of development runway, beyond the point of demonstrating working prototypes within the next year,” added Executive Co-Chairman Ajit Manocha.

http://www.poet-technologies.com/poet-technologies-bolsters-strength-of-balance-sheet-and-sets-product-direction-expects-prototypes-in-2016/

This sets us up at an aprox burn rate of 854,122$ a month. Seeing as we are now in may that’s 5,979,166$ for arguments sake ¼ what we had back on Sept 30 2015(7 months at 854,122). Now we yesterday we had 14,520,834$ in our “float”

From todays news we find that, if DenseLight can produce revenue this year to poets standard, we will see a potential dilution of 11.5 million shares – (DenseLight Share holders will receive this) Plus 2,537,368 shares issued to cover the outstanding debt to all past due obligations. This brings the dilution to 14.037368 (this is assumed the shares issued to cover the debt are based at a 1$ Canadian value).

http://www.poet-technologies.com/poet-to-acquire-denselight-semiconductors/

Also poet will fork over 1,689,353 dollars to clear the rest of the debt I assume the shares exchange cannot cover…

The Float now sits at 12,831,481. This is where I figure we sit financial after this DenseLight deal goes through. Refering to the previously established burn rate, that gives us aprox 15 months operating costs based at our previous operating costs…

My initial desire on writing this was i was worried that we might find ourselves a bit short on cash. after running the numbers, and please correct me if your smarter than me(im not that smrt) i find we are in a pretty good spot regarding cash on hand still. Arpox 15 months. My only concern is, how much of a burden, financially, will DenseLight pose to Poet moving forwards? will the operational costs at DenseLight need to be picked up on our end, or is Denselight running a + balance sheet?

Gigadigooo!

Please login to post a reply
gigadigooo
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/13/2015
Social Links