POET Technologies Inc.

in response to fairchijisback's message

Well, I know FJ is a veteran of many halts, as he likes the resource sector. I've seen many myself, but I think this is my first in a tech company. Assuming the news is commensurate with the fact POET decided to halt it, not only will we attract some long term investors, but a whole flock of day-traders, who will know little about the company other than it was halted, will be buzzing about, so the trading will be really active, and potentially saw toothed, but with an upward trend. The day-traders have already been alerted to the halt, so they'll be ready when the gates reopen.

And FJ is right, it may not be till tomorrow morning. If, as I suspect, POET was not planning on releasing the news during trading today, they will have to finish up that NR, and possibly polish it just to satisfy this board! It's even possible the final version (or any version) hasn't passed legal review yet, and that will add an hour or two, depending on the availability of their securities counsel - the legal review itself should not take long.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links