POET Technologies Inc.

in response to ahasja's message

1...The AGSM. It has been mentioned here before. The AGSM takes a lot of time and planning and may have been penciled in on the May 31 date and filed on Sedar as nothing more than a placeholder. No announcement was made to shareholders of this date because it was just that...a placeholder of the earliest opportunity to be prepared for.

So the question is now why was the date moved? I think the reason for this could very well be for the timing of a big news event that they feel can be wrapped up within the scheduling time frame of the AGSM.

2...The early results of the IR detector have exceeded expectations and are within the sensitivity for military applications. These are the early runs and there are very realistic expectations that those numbers are going to get even better. If we take this as an example of how well the engagement with Wavetek has been then we can begin to seriously consider that they have not just recovered their schedule but are advancing it. We know that POET reports to their partners/customers on the development status and that they are eager to move forward at the earliest opportunity. In other words POET could be at a point where advanced discussions are now taking place with very big customers as Mazan has described for the optical engine. They could be at a point where they are ready to commit to a design. In general NRE has been used to describe what an agreement for a design win will be but it could take many forms.

3...Regarding BAE as I recall the Nashua facility had some issues and I think that BAEs biggest interest for POET was really more about keeping their facility running. That fab was never the right place for POET platform development. It is geared to GaN and IR development. I remember Taylor talking about the wafer bowing problems they were having as a result of the nitride they were laying down. Suresh and Subhash took a very different approach and went directly to epi-wafer suppliers and sampled who had the best fit to produce the epi-wafer. Those wafers can be produced very accurately and in a fraction of the time than the UCONN lab.

I think we have become a little desensitized to connecting dots but the needs presented by the following panel “Katharine Schmidtke - Facebook: Optical interconnects for Datacenters and beyond” points squarely at POETs capability https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB0PsIkbQ94

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message