POET Technologies Inc.

A number of the board have posted articles on the use of the POET detector. I thought the subject was worthy of its own thread.

I include a quote from an article in the Science Journal spotted whilst trying to see what new tech offerings are there out there for the measurement of blood glucose levels; I am a type 2 diabetic. The following quote made me think POET detectors have a role here given their sensitivity. I need not emphasise the prevalence or growth of this disese.

Compared to transdermal technology, alternative optical technology offers more investigative options, including polarimetry, Raman spectroscopy, scattering/occlusion spectroscopy, (near) infrared spectroscopy, fluorescence, photo-acoustic spectroscopy, optical coherence tomography, etc. To date, the medical market lacks a product for optical continuous glucose monitoring. However, owing to the prevalence of diabetes, optical technology has attracted increasing scientific attention. Among all types of glucose sensors, fluorescence is considered the most promising technology for creating the ideal glucose sensor.

Sula

Please login to post a reply
sulasailor
City
Chester
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/13/2013