POET Technologies Inc.

I saw this article a couple of months back and wandered if it might be something POET could influence in the future - now with recent news expressing POET's interest in developing technology to faciliate micro-displays and augmented reality, I felt the concept is now considerably more intriguing:

http://www.baesystems.com/en/article/bae-systems--most-advanced-fighter-pilot-helmet-takes-to-the-night-skies

I am vastly unaware of the tech behind such a device however, and was hoping that someone could please enlighten me as to whether or not this could be a potential avenue for us?

“Striker II has a high-definition, lightweight night vision camera which translates information and displays it on the helmet’s visor. This removes the need for heavy night vision goggles which increase g-force pressures on the head and neck, limiting the pilot’s manoeuvrability in the cockpit,”

Immediately jumping out at me were keywords such as 'military', 'light-weight' and as of recent developments, 'micro-displays'. Nonetheless, pretty cool stuff!

Cheers, H.

Please login to post a reply
HTank13
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/02/2016
Social Links