POET Technologies Inc.

in response to GlassHalfFull's message

I guess it pays to find out what was said about prototypes.

POET is a technology platform, and there is not a one and only prototype, there are plenty of prototypes!

At the moment we are thinking about a fully, mass produced transceiver chip, and this one is sheduled to be finished within the next 4 - 10 month.

But please, let us have a look at the Q&A at 30:40:

Of course the fact that we’ve already demonstrated functional VCSELs, detectors, transistors, in the UConn labs has already mitigated some of these risks, but demonstrating commercially relevant devices in a high-volume manufacturing environment is really our next hurdle to jump.

This is showing that there are functional prototypes of single components of the transceiver - made recently but also years ago at UCONN. dead wrong?

In addition, what did POET do at ANAD and recently at Wavetec? Do you think they just processed empty wafers, writing their names on the masks? Running such processes you need metrics to tell if the process is working or not. POET found very promising results.

SV & SD are keeping the waters calm. Prototypes in 2H/2016.

Personally I am sure that POET could show "prototypes" to potential customers - now and in the past. Not a complete, mass produced transceiver chip, but prototypes. Proofs of concept.

Somehow this reminds me to a pharma startup having passed phase II, but saying: Stop, we first have to proof that this drug can be mass produced. toc toc toc

Please login to post a reply
tannersfriend
City
Munich
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
05/17/2014
Social Links