POET Technologies Inc.

in response to LookinGIntoIt's message

My bad, sorry for the editing, quite a mess-up

Anyway, here the link to the article, a bit lenghty I admit

http://www.nature.com/news/the-chips-are-down-for-moore-s-law-1.19338

and below the abstract that kind of "struck me"

The industry road map released next month will for the first time lay out a research and development plan that is not centred on Moore's law. Instead, it will follow what might be called the More than Moore strategy: rather than making the chips better and letting the applications follow, it will start with applications — from smartphones and supercomputers to data centres in the cloud — and work downwards to see what chips are needed to support them. Among those chips will be new generations of sensors, power-management circuits and other silicon devices required by a world in which computing is increasingly mobile.

The changing landscape, in turn, could splinter the industry's long tradition of unity in pursuit of Moore's law. “Everybody is struggling with what the road map actually means,” says Daniel Reed, a computer scientist and vice-president for research at the University of Iowa in Iowa City. The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) in Washington DC, which represents all the major US firms, has already said that it will cease its participation in the road-mapping effort once the report is out, and will instead pursue its own research and development agenda.

Please remember who is sitting on the SIA board, could SIA in cooperation with SRC be the leading institution that POET is having discussion with?

Please login to post a reply
LookinGIntoIt
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/15/2014
Social Links
Private Message