POET Technologies Inc.

In my opinion this was a solid conference call confirming we are on track. The original timescale – made public 4.5 months ago – being still valid demonstrates that the management team has a realistic view regarding their tasks and the time it requires to execute them – good! This includes the revenue forecast which is H2 2016 still – good. New ideas for new applications with important partners – good.

Having a unique, second to none technology in a dynamically growing market: marvelous!

So what we got was a solid confirmation. Does that mean a shareprice explosion? Well, I am rather expecting the shareprice to follow the pace of the company. Based on past and future news it will walk its way northwards more or less gradually, steadily – and of course with the usual ups and downs.

I am expecting a strong bullish movement only when revenues or a strategic partnership with a brand name will be announced. But we have discussed this here often already, haven't we?

Technically, the conference call provider should really update his platform to match today's standards. I had a hard time to get into the call. No luck under Linux, no luck under Android! I had to fire up a virtual machine running Windows 7, and even there it worked with Chrome only, not with Firefox. I was then able to capture the sound with Audacity in my Linux host system. I didn't check the technical details, but I guess the webcast is based on Flash, and Flash is dead! It should be possible to use any browser to listen or – even better – to directly connect to the audio stream!

The sound quality was bad in the webcast, probably due to bandwidth issues on this (European) side of the Atlantic Ocean, but your mileage may vary. As has been pointed out already, they should not have used a (conference system's?) room microphone, but rather individual microphones close to the respective speaker's mouth, like headsets. It was difficult to listen, especially for a non-native speaker like me.

The quality of the conference call provider's recording is much better and should be used to create the transcript. I included the link to the recording in the transcript Google document. I am sorry that I can't work on the transcript right now, but I have to head to work now. Perhaps you – yes, you! – have a few minutes to add one or the other paragraph to the transcript. Thank you!

Please login to post a reply
Rainer
City
Dortmund
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/13/2014
Social Links