POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Babaoriley's message

Listened to the CC; not qualified to give much of an opinion on most of the content and all of the tech content. But the boys sounded very good, and very busy and pretty excited. Sure would like to get that confirmation of mass production at the cost they hoped. And, like all longs, I think a strong association with a household name or two would be rocket fuel, with the second stage being fueled by actual earnings, with expectations of huge growth there.

As of now, we have 38 green and 20 red votes, and I'm going to bed, and may or may not be up before the market opens tomorrow, thus the late night post. So roughly 2 to 1 green; I'd "venture" to say that if we'd done this six months or so ago, or anytime before that, it would have been more like 5 to 1 green.

I'd have to say I'm a red, too (mainly my nature, certainly nothing fundamentally wrong with the company), but the resultant 38 to 21 gives me some hope that tomorrow may not be bad at all. If it had been 50-9 green, then you could go to the bank on a down Wednesday, unless of course they disclosed what many hoped for, but did not get.

That nothing truly earthshattering (from a market moving perpective, anyway) was said is consistent with my past thinking of why the stock was not moving higher faster during and based on the traveling shows. Time, more time, it's clear investors have time. Of course, it does seem that investing in POET a couple of months ago would have been wiser than staying in or investing in several other stocks, especially tech stocks. So there!

Thanks all who participated and thanks for all the great comments on the CC.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links