POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Derekwpg's message

With all due respect Derek,

I am in complete agreement with what you have said about POET. But most don't understand Polymer Photonics and that is why I am here. You don't have to read my posts, but why are you so set on silencing my opinion. I am a POETF investor just like you.

I happen to believe both technologies will be pushed to the fab to get some real data to compare. For GaAs this is very important because they need to know how much they can lower the manufacturing cost when they scale development.

LWLG's largest roadblock was long term stability of the polymer films. Recently, they have published data which indicates that they have solved this problem. The films are stable to high temps (110C) and intense light exposure for 1000's of hours. Now they say they are ready to "make the case for Polymer Photonics" and it would be in everyone's interest to understand where they stand.

For a while I was convinced that POET would actually collaborate with LWLG and use their coatings in the longer term to boost their modulation speeds. I could find no evidence that those dots should be connected but I am not as good at DD as some here. We all know that GaAs does it all. But when it comes to modulation, polymers have the potential to be faster and more importantly, they come with a variety of chromophores that can be matched to specific applications.

My guess is that LWLG is behind in the fab alignment process as POET has made great strides recently.

Rick

Please login to post a reply
rickface
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/15/2015
Social Links