POET Technologies Inc.

in response to Sir Hope-a-lot's message

Based on the original August announcement of POET's manufacturing agreement with Anadigics, it would seem that Anadigics is fairly important to POET's commercialization, moving forward. Do any of the heavy hitters (FJ, Rob, Rainer, Abel00, etc.) here have an opinion on this?

I do. I don't believe this is part of the MO by GaAs Labs as POET would be forced to find another way. And that other way would mean POET (or a POET partner) would have to make a competing bid for Anadigics. And if this happened MACOM would probably not want to be locked out of a POET ecosystem. Would they really be willing to potentially lose everything? I think POET technology offers a technology path to all of GaAs Labs markets including defense.

That kind of move would eventually catch up with GaAs Labs affiliate companies.

In other words I believe there is way more downside for GaAs Labs than upside. I actually think it is much more likely that this is part of a bigger deal that includes POET.

In addition what would be the costs to Anadigics if they break the manufacturing contract with POET?

I don't think this happened in isolation. We all recognized the vulnerability of Anadigics to a takeover or to bankruptcy the minute the POET deal was signed. Many of us thought it would be POET doing the takeover but I think this is part of a bigger deal and an easier pathway for POET. We have some very deep knowledge and industry connections at POET. For example: I think that Mohandas Warrior was brought on because of very good network of contacts especially in the military industry which is a very big space for GaAs Labs. The board and the management team know what they are doing and most certainly this would have been considered before the technology transfer took place.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message