POET Technologies Inc.

in response to sugarmaple's message

sugarmaple, you do make good points.

However the only follow up I feel should be added is that before the boys started up the Agoracom forum, we all spent many years on the Stockhouse boards...and it was relentless. The bashers NEVER went away. In fact they would come back in force...making multiple accounts, and trashing up the board day and night.They’re all still there even to this day.It’s exhausting.

It became so out of control and unpoliced that those of us who used Stockhouse for years finally had to walk away because nothing good was coming out of it.

So many games are played, that in order to keep this board respectable I imagine the admins have a full time job, weekdays and weekends, reading and responding to posts, and doing their best to prevent suffering as Stockhouse did.

As mentioned, once you reach a certain rank or points, it becomes harder and harder to remove that person's posts, so new guys who come in super positive and overly friendly, sometimes arouse suspicion.It’s hard to assess each person based on text alone.If they hadn’t been on top of it, this place would be a gong show too.Unfortunately some legit characters get called out on occasion.

It may not be fair, but those who’ve spent much time on Stockhouse know how frustrating that board is when you’re trying to follow valid meaningful info, and instead have to weed through mostly juvenile antics and mudslinging.

Unfortunately newbies to this board might be best keeping their heads down and following the dialogue until they have something pertinent and valuable to add.They should quickly get the respect they deserve in short term.

Either way, I agree it is hard to build trust on this board, and equally as hard to keep it civil and legitimate.It’s survived with few injuries over the past few years, so I do tip my hat to those who’ve kept it what it is, even at the loss of a few good hands...who I hope continue to stay on if they sometimes get judged unjustly.

Hopefully the day of big news is near, and when it comes, most of the troublemakers will be silenced once and for all.

Please login to post a reply
cpthollywood
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/04/2013
Social Links
Private Message